Today we’re excited to announce the addition of IGTV analytics in Conviva Social Insights.
In namesake, Instagram is one social platform. But for social media managers, crafting content for Instagram can feel like multiple social platforms. The Instagram feed, Instagram Stories, IGTV, and now Reels all serve different purposes. When used right, these features allow you to cater content to your audience’s consumption preferences.
- Instagram feed – Short stories that can be consumed in less than 60 seconds.
- Instagram Stories – Those interested in BTS, the feeling of 1-to-1 engagement and the story behind a story.
- IGTV – Long form storytelling, more than 60 seconds.
- Reels – Entertaining content made for quick consumption, less than 30 seconds.
However, one strategy does not fit all, and understanding what works with each feature has not always been clear. For this reason, we are excited to announce the addition of IGTV analytics to complement Conviva’s Instagram and Instagram Stories analytics.
We appreciate Conviva’s continued partnership and efforts to proactively communicate product updates like Conviva’s IGTV analytics that create smart solutions for our business needs. Conviva helps align & inform our internal and external stakeholders, and assists in guiding our social strategies and goal of data-driven decision-making. – Jen Tulicki, Director of Social Media, Chicago Bears
With the introduction of IGTV analytics within Conviva Social Insights you can:
- Grow Social Engagement: Seamlessly understand which Instagram content themes drive the highest engagement within each feature. Measure and look at content for Instagram, Stories, and IGTV separately or rolled up within one account.
- Accelerate Branded Content Insights: Gain a complete picture of your social campaigns within campaign reports. Activate additional sponsorship and advertising opportunities as these enriched viewers can then be segmented and activated for additional sponsorship and advertising opportunities.
- Capture the Complete Picture: Until now, IGTV analytics were not available within the Instagram API. As one of six official Facebook Media Measurement Partners, Conviva Social Insights is the first and only platform to offer complete and comprehensive social analytics for all major social platforms including: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Instagram Stories, IGTV, Snapchat, Snapchat Discover, TikTok, YouTube, and paid ads on Facebook and Instagram.
Conviva was already an invaluable tool for our editorial team, and with the addition of IGTV analytics, it will become even deeper ingrained in our daily content workflows. With this new feature, we’ll be able to adjust our IGTV strategy in real time with the backing of historical data. Having the ability to spot trends and identify the most popular pieces will give our team of producers full confidence that their content decisions are backed by data. – Coleman McDowell, Director, Content, GolfTV
Instagram’s continued investment into IGTV, including the announcement of shared revenue with creators for the first time through ads in IGTV makes this a perfect time to expand your Instagram strategy with IGTV analytics.
If you’re interested in learning more about IGTV analytics or the full Conviva Social Insights platform to measure content across Facebook, Instagram, Instagram Stories, Twitter, YouTube, Snapchat, and TikTok, click here to reach out to our team. We’d love to chat.