Streaming in Style at IBC!
Another IBC is in the books for Conviva and what a major week it was for us! We kicked it all off with the launch of Video AI Alerts and our press release showing how HBO uses and benefits from our technology (press release here). Video AI Alerts is the first major capability we have released on the Conviva Video AI Platform that uses machine learning to both detect service delivery issues that are effecting QoE, as well as performs root cause analysis on the issue saving valuable time and resources.
The show opened Friday morning with our streaming-inspired, creatively designed Conviva Airstream Booth and Balcony Suites where we held over 100 meetings with top customers, prospects, ecosystem partners, and press & analysts.
Our unique booth design created quite the buzz while the iconic airstream design proved interesting as it sat situated in an open and inviting treelined, high-end bistro style campsite. Our global sales team, especially team EMEA, did an amazing job setting up and executing meeting after meeting!
Conviva’s VIP Executive Dinner
IBC is typically Conviva’s largest event of the year as it captures customers from across the globe who come to learn about the latest in the industry and network with suppliers and colleagues. To help facilitate high quality networking, we host an annual executive dinner at the prestigious Restaurant Vinkeles within the Dylan Hotel — a historic location and restaurant right in central Amsterdam — and invite the “who’s who” of the streaming industry. We were humbled to learn that this dinner has quickly become a must-go-to event for our network of customers and partners, and were grateful for the appreciation each invitee showed for the wonderful time had at this event.
The Highlight, our Awards!
IBC was most certainly a huge success for us this year, but what both humbled and excited us the most was the three awards we won for our newly launched Video AI Alerts technology! We were shortlisted for three awards and were honored to win not one, not two, but all three! This was great validation for our engineering and product teams, as well as the collective Conviva family as a whole to be recognized for such revolutionary technology. We truly are helping the OTT streaming industry improve quality of experience overall, and we could not do it without the support of our wonderful customers and partners.
The three awards won, all for the just-launched Video AI Alerts, include:
- The CSI Award for Best Monitoring or Network Management Solution
- This was the 15th Annual CSI Awards, which are considered among the most prestigious and competitive technology awards in the industry, designed to recognize and reward innovation and excellence in the cable, satellite, broadcast, IPTV, telco, broadband/OTT video, mobile TV and associated sectors.
- IABM Design & Innovation Award for best Test Quality Control & Monitoring
- These awards recognize design and innovation in the broadcast and media industry, and are highly prized due of the complete independence of the judging panel which is comprised of more than 40 technology specialists drawn from every area of the broadcast and media industry.
- IBC’s Best Of Show, Global TV Technology Award
- Out of 23 companies and products shortlisted, Conviva’s Video AI Alerts came out on top! TV Tech Global covers media industry production, workflow, and distribution tools & tech across all seven continents, with the widest coverage of any media tech publication in the world.
During IBC, Conviva’s CMO was tracked down for a few video interviews with IBC.TV and the IABM, capturing the latest news from Conviva and why we attend IBC each year. Watch Now! Short interview with our CMO, Ed Haslam, as he quickly expands on our recently launched Video AI Alerts!
Exercise, Charity, and Fun!
And finally, what’s another tiring year at IBC without some exercise?! We were quite excited to sponsor and participate in the 4 Charity 4K Fun Run, as we ran beside other trail blazers both in the industry and on the track!
Cheers to another fabulous IBC in the books for Conviva, looking forward to next year!